St. Alphonsus Peru
Past, Present and Future
Home PageAbout this websiteA comprehensive history of St. AlphonsusSt. John Neumann Prayer CenterSt. Francis ShrineContact Ususeful links

Das Pfarrhaus (Parsonage)

A brick parsonage was built by Fr. Charles Evrard just east of the church between 1850 and 1853. Some of the money for the construction of this house was realized from the sale of the ten acres of land originally bought by Fr. Tschenhens for the intended monastery of the Redemptorists and the 10 acres donated in 1830 for the first church. The eighteen acres in Peru Township were sold on March 28, 1851 for $487 and the two acres in Bronson Township were sold November 23, 1853 for $201. The ten acres had been purchased by Fr. Tschenhens on December 19, 1833 from Peter Bowers (Bauer).
The original cemetery was located in the two acres on Bronson. There was a stipulation in an old deed that the families of those buried there were to keep the burial ground fenced and the weeds cut. Also the road extending into this property was to be kept open for general use. This road extend along the entire original ten acres. (29)

 

This website is best displayed on a 1024X768 minimum resolution
Questions? Comments? E-mail the Webmaster.
St. Alphonsus is located in the Toledo Diocese