St. Alphonsus Peru
Past, Present and Future
Home PageAbout this websiteA comprehensive history of St. AlphonsusSt. John Neumann Prayer CenterSt. Francis ShrineContact Ususeful links

 

The brick school next to the church was built during the pastorate of Rev. Michael Dechant in 1878. It was constructed so the attic could serve as a dormitory for the children who lived too far to travel to and from school. Also, in the school was the sister's residence, kitchen, dining room, chapel, hall (used for bazaars), classrooms and living quarters for the lay teacher. The total cost was $2,909. The Sisters of Notre Dame from Cleveland staffed the school from then until 1885.

Between the years of about 1890 and the 19020's there was a “west school” that parish children attended. This was to enable them to learn English because the parish school was a German School.

 
This website is best displayed on a 1024X768 minimum resolution
Questions? Comments? E-mail the Webmaster.
St. Alphonsus is located in the Toledo Diocese