St. Alphonsus Peru
Past, Present and Future
Home PageAbout this websiteA comprehensive history of St. AlphonsusSt. John Neumann Prayer CenterSt. Francis ShrineContact Ususeful links

A grand picnic was held July 28, 1897. According to a councilman minute book, “A grand picnic was held on our parish grounds. It was a red letter day for the Settlement since not a parish member was missing. Again on August 2, St. Alphonsus Day was celebrated with Solemn High Mass with five priests. About 250 people received Holy Communion.”

In December, 1897 Rev. Leon Lentsch cleared the parish of a $200 debt incurred from the 1890 church renovation. Pastor's note in the minute book, “Deo Gratias”.

During Rev. Lentsch's stay, a pipe organ was installed in the church choir loft. It was purchased from the Episcopal Church on Main Street, Norwalk.

In the summer of 1973, two organs were dismantled. (It is unknown when the other organ was installed.) Mr. And Mrs. Donald Bauer, Route 61, donated a new electronic organ in that year. Donald Bauer is a direct descendant of Peter Bauer, one of the original parishioners from Alsace Lorraine, France.

This website is best displayed on a 1024X768 minimum resolution
Questions? Comments? E-mail the Webmaster.
St. Alphonsus is located in the Toledo Diocese