St. Alphonsus Peru
Past, Present and Future
Home PageAbout this websiteA comprehensive history of St. AlphonsusSt. John Neumann Prayer CenterSt. Francis ShrineContact Ususeful links

In 1919, the parish decided to re-open the school. No teaching sisters were available from the nearby diocese so Fr. Aust contacted the Servants of the Most Holy Heart of Mary, Kankakee, Illinois. The superior came to view the premises and agreed to send Sisters for three years if a convent was built.

One was built, to her specifications, by two contractors from the parish, Otto and Charles Schaffer. It was ready for occupancy by the fall term of 1919.

The sisters stayed as agreed, three years, and in 1922 the Sisters of Notre dame returned to stay twenty years.

In 1942, Fr. Lambillotte, changed orders to the Franciscan's of Tiffin and they remained until the school closed in 1969.

This website is best displayed on a 1024X768 minimum resolution
Questions? Comments? E-mail the Webmaster.
St. Alphonsus is located in the Toledo Diocese