St. Alphonsus Peru
Past, Present and Future
Home PageAbout this websiteA comprehensive history of St. AlphonsusSt. John Neumann Prayer CenterSt. Francis ShrineContact Ususeful links

In 1949, the loyal parishioners donated gold jewelry and precious stones to have a golden crown made in thanksgiving for he safety of all 42 men who had served in the war. It was an offering for all the lessing received by the faithfulness to the novena of the Scared Heart.

The “golden crown” was made to “Him who crowned our work with success and now deserves manifestation of our gratitude.” (32)

All 88 parish families contributed something. This crown still holds a place of honor and many parishioners still can point out the jewels that their parents or they themselves gave in thanksgiving. Incidentally, very many young men also served in the Korean conflict of 1950-1953. Only one, Edwin barman, son of Mrs. Theresa Barman and the late Edward Barman, lost his life at the front.

This website is best displayed on a 1024X768 minimum resolution
Questions? Comments? E-mail the Webmaster.
St. Alphonsus is located in the Toledo Diocese