St. Alphonsus Peru
Past, Present and Future
Home PageAbout this websiteA comprehensive history of St. AlphonsusSt. John Neumann Prayer CenterSt. Francis ShrineContact Ususeful links

Again in 1958, the church was renovated. The main and side altars were given the newer more modern lines. The two stained glass windows on either side of the main altar were sealed off at this time to shut off the cold air.

The side altars and contemporary carved statues were placed along with the new high altar in the newly decorated church of shades of green with gold leaf trim. New stations of the cross were installed.

Soon after Vatican II it became the custom to have an altar facing the people, so in keeping with the decree in 1966 a new altar and sanctuary furniture including two lecterns were purchased and installed on the gold carpeting.
This website is best displayed on a 1024X768 minimum resolution
Questions? Comments? E-mail the Webmaster.
St. Alphonsus is located in the Toledo Diocese