St. Alphonsus Peru
Past, Present and Future
Home PageAbout this websiteA comprehensive history of St. AlphonsusSt. John Neumann Prayer CenterSt. Francis ShrineContact Ususeful links

In 1969, St. Alphonsus school was closed. Mother Euphrasia, Superior of the Sisters of St. Francis wrote to Fr. Williams that the nuns would not be sent the next year because of a shortage of vocations. This was a very sad day in recent history.

After the close of the school, some parents send their children to St. Mary's Parochial School in Norwalk. at this time the CCD program was put in full swing with at least 75 students in grades one through eight who were attending the public school. at first classes were held at St. Alphonsus but in 1971 they were moved to St. Mary's, Norwalk. After an unsuccessful three years of combing St. Alphonsus and St. Mary's CCD classes a decision was made to bring St. Alphonsus “back home”. In 1974, the classes were returned to St. Alphonsus and remained there.

The high school CCD, after being included in St. Mary's unsuccessfully was also held at St. Alphonsus with little success, are now combined in an area program that includes, Wakeman, St. Mary's; Milan, St. Anthony's; and Norwalk, St. Paul's and St. Mary's, some of the same parishes served by St. Alphonsus in the 1830's and 1840's.

This website is best displayed on a 1024X768 minimum resolution
Questions? Comments? E-mail the Webmaster.
St. Alphonsus is located in the Toledo Diocese