St. Alphonsus Peru
Past, Present and Future
Home PageAbout this websiteA comprehensive history of St. AlphonsusSt. John Neumann Prayer CenterSt. Francis ShrineContact Ususeful links
Back to Pastoral Summary

Fr. Charles Evrard was born at Metz, France, on June 13, 1822. He was ordained at Versailles in 1845 and served as a chaplain and parish priest for five years before coming to Ohio. Fr. Evrard became pastor of St. Aloysius on September 15, 1850. During his tenure the church and a rectory were built. From 1854 to 1867, Fr. Evrard served at St. Mary's and St. Joseph's in Toledo. He declined a transfer to Fort Jennings, and was left without a charge for several months until returning to Peru on August 1, 1868. Fr. Evrard died while serving as pastor of St. Joseph's, in Tiffin, on May 11, 1885.

This website is best displayed on a 1024X768 minimum resolution
Questions? Comments? E-mail the Webmaster.
St. Alphonsus is located in the Toledo Diocese